In collaboration with the Agricultural Export Council (AEC), EMAP organized a workshop on “Business Development and Increasing Marketing Opportunities for Producers of MAP in Egypt”, on 30th May 2012. In the context of facilitating access to export markets, the workshop included presentations on different topics:
- Summary on EMAP project progress.
- Introduction the concept of export and origin consortia.
- Information on FTTC courses for exporting companies and financial opportunities with EMAP project.
- Briefing about FDA regulations with focus on registration and inspections.
- Abstract on Frozen herbs product.
- Briefing on findings of the Techno-Economic study on Stevia production in the Egyptian context. The workshop was attended by around 35 Egyptian MAP relevant stakeholders and some members of EMAP national team.