EMAP aims at achieving two main objectives:
- Raising the efficiency of the supply chain and assuring compliance with international quality and food safety requirements.
- Increasing the value addition to final products and supporting the access of Egyptian products to international market.
Accordingly a number of outputs are to be attained:
- “Egyptian Quality Scheme” for medicinal and aromatic plants products based on best international practices
- Sustainable technical service centers covering main production areas
- Developed production methods based on best agricultural, manufacturing, and hygiene practices
- Effective mechanisms for product development and value addition in response to market demand
- Export consortia for joint promotional and export oriented activities
- Effective marketing channels supporting the access to international market